Sunday, April 6, 2014

Out of Step 6 of 30 NaPoMo2014

I'm not sure I made the right decision
Actually from the beginning
It's like we're on the wrong foot
Trying to make it fit to the beat.
And even though we BOTH KNEW
We were out of step.
It just felt nice to listen to the music
Even though we BOTH knew we were not on beat
You beat me to it
And your phone call telling me you wanted to sing a different song
With me doing the oohs and ahhs
Instead of the lead duet.
Which lead to my anger
For once again letting a stranger
Strum on my heartstrings
But not finish a verse.
And worse...
I knew you were right.
Because we BOTH knew we were off beat.
And instead of beating around the bush
That phone call
Let me push you away far too easy
Maybe we could have met in the middle
When you tried again
I ran away from the repeat sign in the score
Those two dots bring you back to the beginning
But i guess I also ignored the breath mark
And the fact that most times there are second endings

No comments:

Post a Comment