Friday, March 26, 2010

Untitled- June 28, 2006

Untitled- 6/28/06

How can I do this?
How can I stand it?
Why do I let it happen?
Continuing on this track of pain
Sitting outside in the rain
I care so much
But it doesn’t make sense
My heart is there for you
But I am so tense
I know what needs to be done
Although I haven’t found the strength to do so
You know how to keep me
You know exactly what to say
Is it just a mirage?
Or is it what comes from your heart?
You’ll probably think that this is ridiculous
Because you “care”
Because you “love me”
Because I’m your “baby girl,”
Your “sweetheart”
This tears me up because you are my one
You’ve seen me like no one else.
You’ve seen the look in my eyes
Of true love
Of true pleasure
You’re not going to understand what I feel
Because I’ve tried to say it before
I know you’ll miss me
And I’ll definitely miss you too
But I can’t stand what’s going on
My emotions are raging
All I want to do is cry
Confused and angry
Upset and depressed
My words aren’t to be confused
It’s not that I didn’t have moments of happiness
But it wasn’t enough to overcome the agony
My needs just aren’t met
My heart not completely content
Life isn’t all fun and games
And because of you I’ll never be the same
I must have my strength now
And I thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment