Friday, March 26, 2010

Baby Sister- February 19, 2005

Baby Sister

Just get away
You don’t care
You don’t give respect
You don’t want to share

Our bond should be something
Nothing can replace
But instead of being cool
I just want you out of my face

Girl, I love you
You know it’s true
You just gotta treat me better
And know it’s not all about you

You get what you give
You give what you get
Learn to live
And definitely learn to respect

I got your back
Through whatever you do
Cause in the end
It’s me and you

You’re the only who knows
The only one who sees
What it’s like to live my life
What it’s like to be me

Sometimes I look at you
And it seems like you don’t care
Sometimes I wanna give up
And just get you out of my hair

Out time like this is ending
Soon I’ll be gone
Who knows if you’ll miss me
All I know is I gotta be strong

I can show you the way
Or you can run and hide
But baby sister each day
I’ll be by your side

I can’t give you the world
Please don’t ask me to try
Cause if I said I could
I’d be telling a lie

So learn to respect
Learn to chill
Your time will come
And I can lead your thrill


A lot is the same, and different since I wrote this poem 5 years ago...<3 LJS

~Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment