Saturday, April 11, 2015

Frozen 11 of 30 NaPoMo2015

Say something!
Do something!
React!
We all think we'll be the hero when the time comes to step up against the bad guys.
Oh well if that happened to me I would...
I can't believe that happened, I would've...
That's horrible you should've...
Well you could've...
In the moment when the monster camouflaged as something... someone harmless
Decides to strike
Someone hit the pause button on empowerment
Fear froze my womanly strength
Froze my reflexes
Froze  my mind
This is not the kind of thing you can really prepare for.
But when you're violated in the middle of a crowded subway car
Stuck, struck, stroke, choking for air
All alarms going off on the inside
But still frozen with fear on the outside
Its so unfair, you want to stand up for yourself.
It's over it happened, but never again
She thought until the next time she ran into a similar beast
Iced response cannot compute what is happening
Say something!
Do something!
React!
Don't just stay frozen
Don't stay broken
Don't let your spirit be stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment