Thursday, April 9, 2015

If my life were a soap opera 9 of 30 NaPoMo2015

If my life were a soap opera
I’d want you to be at the edge of your seat
Week after week
With popcorn to eat
 But just like the reality of a lot of reality TV
If my life were a soap opera
It’d probably be cancelled
I’m more like sitcom status
Fat and friendly female
Wannabe funny and fierce
Far from General Hospital
Because the Days of Our Lives would be talking about All my Children…
In my classroom
Not a typical twisted telenovela
Just true tales of awkward adventures
That fall somewhere between Sunset Beach and Sesame Street with a dash of Maria la del Barrio
If my life were a soap opera
The drama for your mama
Would be a family affair
Getting just an introduction to all the dysfunction there
Unfair love arcs
Died out before they start
If my life were a soap opera
I’d stay Bold and Beautiful
As the world turns
Teaching the young and the Restless
and I’ll be back after these messages.



No comments:

Post a Comment