Sunday, September 9, 2012

Poet Envy



Green like money
Being food sick
Unable to pick the right words
For a better fit
Or maybe it's less about math
And more about meaning
Provoking feelings
From people who are dealing
With thunderstorms and earthquakes.
Engaging in debates
And questioning what lies in their fate.
Time after time
I see people with the baddest rhymes and incredible flow,
That I don't know
If should even show my meager work to anyone.
A simple well done,
Although coming from the right place
And so kind,
Doesn't allow me to find my inner superstar.
Far and wide people will want to read my works
Including all the quirks
Gawking at my creation
The next poetry sensation.
Or at least allow my imagination to believe it.
Just spit it out
"I want to be among the best."

No comments:

Post a Comment