Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Confessions of a Fat Girl

It's kind of difficult for me to come out with this.
Actually, I'm really embarrassed.
You see the thing is...
I'm in an abusive relationship.
There.
I said it.
This has been going on for quite some time
And just when I thought I'd escaped,
The fight began again.
The pounds to my body don't come with bruises to my skin,
But only to my pride.
When my eyes in a mirror
Gaze upon the size of this wide load
Woes and unknowing foes
Explode from uncertainty
Insecurity, Animosity, Absurdity
That comes from this mess
Stress from the cycle
And I don't mean your washer and dryer.
I mean Dryers and Ho-Hos
And oh nos that come from the end of a bag of Doritos
To go with burritos
And washed down with juice
Covered in all the loose clothing
To cover all the loathing of the image
And just a smidge more effort
Wouldn't hurt the cause
But temptation and socialization
Excuses and denial
All while the battle
Over feeling like cattle
Turns into a civil war
Which I can't ignore anymore.
Because I want more,
More self worth,
Less hurt,
Less jerks,
More time on Earth.
Perk up.
Today is day 1.

[Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment