Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not My Prince

Not My Prince

An intriguing journey
In search of a treasure
Something for yearning
What one can’t measure
How can it be?
The one that is desired
Just runs away
And hides
While a certain gem
A diamond in the rough
Isn’t for them
Doesn’t make the cut
Life is a game
In circles it goes
Wished to be tamed
And filled with woes
The heart does not see
It can only feel
It just needs to be
With what is real
I have his heart
But someone else has mine
The confusion begins to entwine
Reaching for me
Pulling away
Out come the tears
But I cannot stay
How ironic
Something wanted
Comes from something plutonic
The eyes looked into
The lips that are kissed
Different from
Those that are missed
What the hell?
Am I under the wrong spell?
All the dreams
Are right within reach
But it all seems
Too close
Not just right
Not the fairy tale
He’s prince charming
Just not mine
So back to square one
To see how it is done

No comments:

Post a Comment